Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bluebonnets to Edelweiss

I'm finally doing it. I'm making a long-awaited dream come true, and I've never felt better! I was actually looking over a list of goals that I had written outin college, and this one topped the list. I remember writing it down and thinking to myself--is this really ever going to happen? I wish that I could credit some kind of inspirational, motivational lecture, book, or article, but I can't. All I can credit is serendipity, which just so happened to flash across the monitor this morning when I opened the Word of the Day:

ser-uhn-DIP-uh-tee: The faculty or phenomenon of making fortunate accidental discoveries.

I'll count Lu and I randomly coming across a website for an overseas Armed Forces Recreation Center as the front-runner in a long list of fortuitous events. Even though I'll be making the trip across the pond without my dear Lu, I know that this is exactly what I am so supposed to do, and I haven't looked back since.

I have 6 weeks until I make the lucrative professional shift from Marketing Coordinator to Resort Hotel Attendant, a.k.a "Housekeeper." Even though I'm taking a serious pay cut, I feel justified because I am getting a definite upgrade in scenery.

Ok, so maybe becoming a maid at a ski resort in a foreign land wasn't exactly one of my top ten goals in life, but moving to Europe after college was, and fulfilling that dream is making my life that much merrier.

No comments: